Saturday, January 24, 2009

Apartment Complex Fire

The week before Thanksgiving our apartment building caught on fire. We lived out of a hotel for about a week and we were then notified that our building was now condemned and that we would need to move to another apartment complex before the Thanksgiving holiday. Sam and I were so thankful for the help of our ward members and other medical school students who helped us in the move! They had us packed and moved within 2.5 hours on the day before Thanksgiving. We were amazed by all of the help and were so thankful for all of the sacrifices people made to help us in our time of need. We are truly blessed! The following are pictures of the fire aftermath.


9 comments:

KT said...

That's crazy! We're you guys at home when the fire started? I'm glad you guys are okay. Did any of your things get destroyed in the fire?

Nance said...

Linds!! I saw your comment on facebook about updating your blog- I don't think i knew you had one, so I am peeking at yours- I can't believe the fire, that is so scary! I am glad that you and your cute Sam are okay- that has been a loong time, I went on bed rest in mid November, and I just had my baby a week and half ago...
When you get a minute check out our blog- www.honest2goodness.blogspot.com

DeAnne said...

That is really scary. I am glad you have such a great ward and friends. It was fun to see you--we need to get together again soon! I hope all is working out with your car. If medical school wasn't already hard enough, you guys seem to be getting more than your fair share of disasters!

Dave said...

Hey Lindsay, good to see the update. We love you, Dad

Anjanette said...

I'm glad you guys are ok, but what an ordeal to have to go through. Hope is all better now.

Stacy B. said...

How scary! That was always one of my biggest fears living in an apt, except I always worried it would be me that accidentally started it (we had many plastic things melt in the dishwasher, fire alarms go off while we cooked, etc.) I'm so glad you had help getting into a new place. Keep us posted!

Katie said...

Yikes! That's scary! Were you there for the fire? Was any of your stuff hurt? I hope not. Isn't it such a blessing to have ward families wherever you go?

I'm so glad you guys are safe!

mauren said...

Wow, were you guys home? Did you lose anything? That's scary!

Angela & Micah said...

I'm glad you guys are okay and that everything worked out for the best. You were truly blessed.